|Title:||Business Office Administration Instructor - GCC - Glendale|
|Location:||6 - Glendale Career College|
|Status:||Non-exempt (hourly) / Part Time|
|Salary Range:||Depending on Experience|
Glendale Career College is seeking qualified faculty member(s) to teach our Business Office Administration Diploma Program.
The Business Office Administration program prepares graduates for entry- level employment in a professional business office setting. This program is designed to provide the core fundamental skills employers look for in administrative professionals. The students develop strong administrative, word processing and office support skills. The graduates will be equipped to successfully compete in the modern and fast paced technological office environment. If you love teaching and helping students, then this is the opportunity for you.The College’s everyday mission is to train students in short term programs for gainful employment.
Provide quality delivery of assigned course information by planning, preparing, and delivering quality classroom instruction in participatory, interactive student involved modalities. Provide guidance and academic support to students to facilitate course completion. Maintain a high student retention rate based on organizational and regulatory expectations. Evaluate and resolve student inquiries, issues, problems, and ensure appropriate action is taken to resolve issues.
- Complies with all Federal, State, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures.
- Complete the new Instructor training.
- Complete the ACCET required Instructional Methodology training.
- Teach one or more subjects within the Business Office Administration curriculum.
- In coordination with recommend changes regarding textbooks and other aspects of the curriculum.
- Prepare and deliver lecture and lab demonstrations as outlined in curriculum.
- Facilitate class discussions.
- Performs related duties such as advising students on academic and vocational curricula, and acting as adviser to student organizations.
- Ensure student’s conceptual understanding of employability skills and continued reinforcement of placement as the end result of student’s program.
- In coordination with research, update and augment lecture material and lab skills.
- In coordination with bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments
- Actively participate in faculty staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Directly supervise daily activities and tasks of students.
- Promote skills through demonstration and repetition.
- Organize and monitor field trips, guest speakers and other approved curriculum enhancements.
- Seek alternatives to improving student outcomes, reducing attrition and improving retention.
- Track and advise students of their academic and attendance progress.
- Demonstrate effective teaching skills and conduct tutorial sessions as needed.
- Assess student achievement and ensure accuracy of all student records.
- Stay current with trends in vocational education through professional development.
- Monitor student dress code and professional behavior.
- Follow State requirements for Continuing Education Units.
- Actively support campus initiatives, company policies and procedures, goals and student outcomes.
- Encourages use of support and resources systems including student services, library and other support organizations. Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, and the public.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to work with a team.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of integrated software systems and Microsoft Office applications including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in teaching Business Office Administration
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Part Time pm 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.