|Title:||Surgical Technology Clinical Instructor -NWC-WC|
|Location:||1 - North West College - West Covina|
|Status:||Non-exempt (hourly) / Part Time|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with experience|
Become part of a stable and growing system of seven campuses in California and Nevada which is a leader in Medical Career Training since 1966.
Go to our website for more openings http://www.success.edu/careers.html
Our everyday mission is to train students in short term programs for gainful employment.
LOCATION: North-West College - West Covina
The Clinical Instructor is responsible for organization, administration, continuous review, planning, development, and overall effectiveness of the clinical experiences for students enrolled in the Surgical Technology and Central Service Technician programs.
The Clinical Instructor assigns and schedules Surgical Technology and Central Service Technician students to the College’s affiliate healthcare facilities once the student has been cleared for their Clinical and/or Externship rotation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that students are performing at appropriate academic level and following policy and procedures.
- Arranges for each instructor’s hours at the healthcare facility according to the number of students under his/her supervision
- Assigns and schedules students for their clinical and externship experience
- Assigns students according to healthcare facility needs.
- Prepares clinical/externship advisement packets containing documents for the healthcare facility and give to the student’s’ clinical instructor.
- Ensures that all documents (before, during and after clinical experience) are safeguarded and maintained for a minimum of five (5) years in compliance with current programmatic accreditation.
- Clinical/Externship Documents (Central Service department experience)
- Ensures that all documents needed by the students in order to begin their clinical/externship experience are current, complete and signed off.
- Clinical Documents (Operating Room experience)Ensures that all documents needed by the students in order to begin their clinical experience in the Operating Room are current, complete and signed off.
- Conducts orientation for students eligible to begin the clinical experience portion of the program.
- Instructs students on the organization, maintenance, and care of clinical documentation.
- Discusses general and specific rules of academic standing and attendance requirements at the affiliate sites.
- Instructs students on current HIPAA and PHI regulations, administer written test on the subject, document results, and maintain related paperwork.
- Assists the Program Director in orienting new instructors and staff
- Substitutes for instructors as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Thorough knowledge of the Surgical Technology and Central Service Technician programs and affiliate sites requirements, faculty and students obligations, and relevant clinical documents.
- Interacts effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty, and external customers of the College including Advisory Board members, clinical sites and externship and other off-campus sites.
- Exceptional customer focused skills. Ability to address student needs and resolve issues with diplomacy and tact. Commitment to the success of the students and the school.
- Interpersonal skills including questioning, listening and showing concern and respect for others.
- Solid writing skills to communicate effectively in memos, letters, and via email.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including ability to project voice and be clearly understood when speaking in front of a group.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and commitment to comply with policies, regulations, and codes of conduct governing all aspects of job responsibilities
- A credential in the field of Surgical Technology that is through a national credentialing organization accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA). a plus
- Requires current certification through the NBSTSA.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of operating room experience or teaching in the field, or a combination of the two, within five years prior to hire date.