|Title:||Tutor/Proctor - GCC - Glendale|
|Location:||6 - Glendale Career College|
|Status:||Non-exempt (hourly) / Part Time|
|Salary Range:||Depending on Experience|
Visit http://www.success.edu/careers.html for more openings.
Our everyday mission is to train students in short term programs for gainful employment.
POSITION TITLE: Tutor/Proctor
The Tutor/Proctor is under direct supervision administers and oversees student testing and processing related to various testing arenas of procedures and regulations, also Communicates with Director regarding test administration, facilities and scoring operations, will also assist with tutoring in the following subjects such as English, Math, and Reading Comprehension.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide tutoring for students
- Offer assistance with developing study strategies
- Check homework and make corrections as needed
- Mentor students by encouraging academic success (through conversation and demonstration)
- Guide students through workshops, rotations, and feedback, maintaining smooth
- Keep time for all parts of all sessions, adhering to timetable, making corresponding announcements to staff and students
- Ensure all material are prepared
- Prepare and run grading application for staff and students, assisting with issues throughout day
- Assist with delivering students printed score reports of their exam
- Demonstrate knowledge, competence, and enjoyment in the subject matter
- Be able to explain subject matter to students effectively
- Effectively communicate study strategies to ensure academic success
- Exhibit patience and positive attitudes in establishing an encouraging learning environment
- Work comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds
- Customer Service Experience
- Strong communication skills
- Positive, upbeat, enthusiastic demeanor
- Ability to work on a team
- Previous experience in a healthcare education environment a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in business administration or related field supplemented by coursework in statistics, testing/tutoring or related field preferred.
- One year of basic test administration experience preferred.
- Experience with MS Office.