|Title:||OB/GYN - RN Clinical Instructors - South Bay Area|
|Location:||10 - SEC|
|Status:||Non-exempt (hourly) / Part Time|
|Salary Range:||depending on education and experience|
Success Education Colleges (SEC) is a family of institutions comprised of North-West College, Glendale Career College, and Nevada Career Institute. SEC is a leader in allied health education, and has been offering quality and affordable health care training programs for over 50 years. Our Colleges’ mission is to prepare students in short term programs for gainful employment. To accomplish this, we provide a professional faculty, well-qualified administrators, and a top-notch support staff. To learn more about SEC and NWC, please visit our website by using this link: http://www.success.edu/.
SEC is currently seeking highly qualified Registered Nurses to teach part-time OB/GYN Clinical. This is a fantastic opportunity to teach clinical at a well-known, established hospital in the South Bay area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accept complete responsibility for students in the clinical facility
- Teach a course load as assigned, including preparation for and instruction of theory classes and clinical laboratory experiences
- Plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize student learning
- Clarify daily clinical expectations with students during pre-conference
- Clarify student placement and expectations with clinical facility staff
- Make patient/student assignments that meet both clinical objectives and patient needs
- Direct students in data collection and integration into their clinical paperwork; provide resources to students to ensure critical thinking through the nursing process
- Coordinate a daily plan with Clinical site to best observe, instruct, and evaluate students
- Direct post conference to ensure application of theoretical content to clinical experiences; provide opportunities for students to share learned experiences and verbalize feelings
- Evaluate student progress and give feedback weekly; provide clear objectives for improvement as needed
- Provide immediate feedback of clinical performance following observation of skill
- Registered Nurse - current active RN license in the state of California
- Previous teaching experience required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and analytical skills
- Functional abilities to carry out classroom, clinical and laboratory teaching responsibilities
- Competence in clinical skills in areas of teaching
- Competent in personal computer applications: word processing, spreadsheet, database, and email
- Criminal background check will be done by the Hospital
Specialties required in these fields
- OB GYN
A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Nursing from an accredited program
A minimum of five years’ experience as a Registered Nurse, with five years’ experience in the specialty field, and 1 year of experience as a Clinical Instructor/but not required.
Part-time: Morning and/or evening hours available for a week day schedule and/or weekends.
Please review SEC career openings at http://success.applicantstack.com/x/openings and apply to positions of interest directly using SEC links. For assistance and questions, please call the Team Member Experience Department at (626) 251-1078.