|Title:||Surgical Technology Instructor - GCC - Glendale|
|Location:||6 - Glendale Career College|
|Status:||Non-exempt (hourly) / Part Time|
|Salary Range:||Depending on Experience|
Become part of a stable and growing system of nine campuses in California and Nevada which is a leader in Medical Career Training since 1966.
Visit or website for more openings: http://www.success.edu/
Our everyday mission is to train students in short term programs for gainful employment.
LOCATION: Glendale Career College, Glendale, CA
The Surgical Technology Instructor is responsible for delivering a quality educational experience for the students in the courses that she/he teaches through ensuring that curriculum is up-to-date, that effective delivery methods are employed, and that all students are treated in a fair and equitable manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches and implements the objectives of the curriculum course, as assigned by, and under the direction and supervision of the Director of Surgical Technology.
- Prepares, administers, grades, and records formative and summative written and practical examinations during course of study. Discusses with students their concerns and/or problems directly or indirectly related to learning experience and the achievement of satisfactory academic progress.
- Plans and assigns student activities in the classroom and/or clinical settings in order to attain the breadth and depth of the program objectives and outcomes.
- Maintains records of student progress and performance, attendance and grades. Provides a professional role model for students.
- Participates in the selection and preparation of instructional materials. Devises written lesson plans and implements them through lecture, demonstration, discussion, etc.
- Provides a copy of all lesson plans to the Director of Surgical Technology. Is instrumental in identifying individual and collective learning needs of assigned students, being cognizant of the physical, mental and emotional status of the learners.
- Is responsible to assist the student to develop an understanding of values, attitudes, and ideals appropriate to the health care profession. Participates in regularly scheduled meetings with Program Director or his/her designee.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Able to interact effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty, and external customers of the College including Advisory Board members clinical and externship and other off campus sites.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer focused skills. Ability to address student needs and resolve issues with diplomacy and tact. Commitment to the success of the students and the school.
- Exhibit exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Interpersonal skills including questioning, listening and showing concern and respect for others.
- Solid writing skills to communicate effectively in memos, letters, and via email
- Excellent verbal communication skills including ability to project voice and be clearly understood when speaking in front of a group.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and commitment to comply with policies, regulations, and codes of conduct governing all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrates integrity and progressive self-improvement.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of operating room experience or teaching in the field, or a combination of the two, within five years prior to hire date.
- A credential in the field of Surgical Technology that is through a national credentialing organization accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA) is not required.
- Requires a current certification through the NBSTSA (CST certification) .