|Title:||VN Instructors -Clinical|
|Status:||Non-exempt (hourly) / Part Time|
|Salary Range:||Depending on education and experience|
Success Education Colleges (SEC) is a family of institutions comprised of North-West College, Glendale Career College, and Nevada Career Institute. SEC is a leader in allied health education, and has been offering quality and affordable health care training programs for over 50 years. Our Colleges’ mission is to prepare students in short term programs for gainful employment. To accomplish this, we provide a professional faculty, well-qualified administrators, and a top-notch support staff. To learn more about SEC and NWC, please visit our website by using this link: http://www.success.edu/.
SEC is currently seeking highly qualified VN Clinical Instructors in the Greater Los Angeles and Inland Empire areas for North-West College at the following six campuses: West Covina, Pomona, Riverside, Pasadena, Santa Ana, and Glendale Career College.
Plans, teaches, directs, and supervises all student learning experiences in the classroom, skills lab, and clinical areas, following the curriculum of the school as approved by the State Board of Vocational Nursing of California. This is a staff position directly responsible to the Director of Nursing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaches and implements the total curriculum, as assigned by, and under the direction and supervision of the Director of Nursing.
- Provides a professional role model for students.
- Plans and provides the theoretical framework and skills laboratory experiences to meet the course learning outcomes
- Schedules office time for student review or consultation
- Evaluates student achievement of learning outcomes based on student evaluations and quiz/examination results
- Provides professional academic advising and support to students
- Prepares, administers, and grades, written and practical examinations during course of study.
- Devises written lesson plans and implements them through lecture, demonstration, discussion, etc.
- Plans and assigns student activities in the classroom and/or clinical settings.
- Provides a copy of all lesson plans to the Director of Nursing.
- Discusses with students their concerns and/or problems directly or indirectly related to learning experience.
- Maintains accurate and current record keeping of grades, attendance and tardiness as defined by the accreditor, licensing bodies, corporate policy and the Vocational Nursing Program.
- Assists in improving methods of instruction for adult learners
- Prepare study guides for each course taught
- Maintains professional and encouraging relationships with staff and students. Collaborates with colleagues to provide the best possible learning environment for students. Is instrumental in identifying individual and collective learning needs of assigned students, being cognizant of the physical, mental and emotional status of the learners.
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings with the Director of Nursing or his/her designee.
- Is responsible to assist the student in developing an understanding of values, attitudes, and ideals appropriate to the health care profession.
- Assists in promoting efficient and economic use of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Participates in the selection and preparation of instructional materials
- Assists in the preparation for all accreditations related to the Practical Nursing Program
- Contributes to the development of new and better ways for performing job functions.
- Develops and evaluates the curriculum and the educational practices of the program, usually twice annually.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Interacts effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty, and external customers of the College including Advisory Board members and externship and other off campus sites
- Demonstrated exceptional customer focused skills. Ability to address student needs and resolve issues with diplomacy and tact. Commitment to the success of the students and the school
- Demonstrates integrity and progressive self-improvement
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Interpersonal skills including questioning, listening and showing concern and respect for others
- Solid writing skills to communicate effectively in memos, letters, and via email
- Excellent verbal communication skills including ability to project voice and be clearly understood when speaking in front of a group.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Possess a high degree of integrity and commitment to comply with policies, regulations, and codes of conduct governing all aspects of job responsibilities
- Computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution satisfactory to the Board and a minimum of two years of experience as a licensed nurse within the past five years or
- Associates degree from an accredited institution satisfactory to the Board and a minimum of six recent years of recent experience as a licensed nurse
- Must possess current valid California license to practice as a registered nurse or as a licensed vocational nurse
- Completed or currently enrolled in advanced courses in the field of education including courses in the principles of teaching.
Please review SEC career openings at http://success.applicantstack.com/x/openings and apply to positions of interest directly using SEC links. For assistance and questions, please call the Team Member Experience Department at (626) 251-1078.