|Title:||Dental Assistant Program Chair - NWC - WC|
|Location:||1 - North West College - West Covina|
|Status:||Non-exempt (hourly) / Part Time|
|Salary Range:||Depending on Experience|
The Dental Assisting Program Chair will be responsible for administration of all aspects of the Dental Assisting program, providing discipline-specific expertise, staffing, and maintaining an appropriate teaching load.
This is a faculty position directly reporting to the Executive Director.
- Willingness to provide a professional role model for students
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Demonstrates pleasant and effective verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates integrity and progressive self-improvement.
- Teaches class upon request
- Schedule program courses
- Develop and revise curriculum as needed
- Attend campus and system program meetings
- Advise students and participate in new student orientations
- Serve as the local contact for the program; organize and lead program advisory board; hire and mentor faculty
- Maintain accreditation requirements
- Prepare annual budget
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Must be Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) or dentist licensed to practice.
- 3-4 years’ current related work experience required
- 2 years’ college-level teaching experience and accreditation background preferred
- Must have had instruction in educational theory and methodology, curriculum development, educational psychology, test construction, measurement, and evaluation
- Must have strong organizational and administrative skill set
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be able to independently lift and maneuver up to 25 lbs.
- Minimum of three years in the field as a Dental Assistant.
- Graduated from a Dental Assistant Program from a accredited institution
- Monday through Friday varies based on departments needs