LVN Instructor (Theory)-Glendale Career College
|Title:||LVN Instructor (Theory)-Glendale Career College|
DescriptionBecome an Education Leader and join our team of dedicated Professionals.
Glendale Career College is part of a stable and growing system of nine campuses in California and Nevada. Which is a leader in Medical Career Training since 1966.
Our everyday mission is to train students in short term programs for gainful employment.
Visit http://www.success.edu/careers.html for more openings.
POSITION: Vocational Nursing Instructor (THEORY)
PART TIME positions available.
Plans, teaches, directs, and supervises all student learning experiences in the classroom, skills lab, and clinical areas, following the curriculum of the school as approved by the California State Board of Nursing.
This is a faculty position directly reporting to the Director of Nursing at Glendale Career College
- Willingness to provide a professional role model for students
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Demonstrates pleasant and effective verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates integrity and progressive self-improvement.
- Teaches and implements the total curriculum, as assigned by, and under the direction and supervision of the DON (Director of Nursing).
- Plans and assigns student activities in the classroom and/or clinical settings.
- Is instrumental in identifying individual and collective learning needs of assigned students, being cognizant of the physical, mental and emotional status of the learners.
- Maintains records of student progress and performance, attendance and grades.
- Prepares, administers, and grades, written and practical examinations during course of study.
- Devises written lesson plans and implements them through lecture, demonstration, discussion, etc.
- Provides a copy of all lesson plans to the Director of Nursing.
- Discusses with students their concerns and/or problems directly or indirectly related to learning experience.
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings with Program Director or her designee.
- Is responsible to assist the student to develop an understanding of values, attitudes, and ideals appropriate to the health care profession.
- Participates in the selection and preparation of instructional materials.
- Provides a professional role model for students.
REQUIREMENTS AND EDUCATION:
- RN with BSN with 5 years experience, MSN Preferred
- Teaching experience preferred
- Variety of Experience preferred