Practical Nursing Instructor - NCI - Las Vegas
|Title:||Practical Nursing Instructor - NCI - Las Vegas|
DescriptionBecome an Education Leader and join our team of dedicated Professionals.
Nevada Career Institute is part of a stable and growing system of seven campuses in California and Nevada. Which is a leader in Medical Career Training since 1966.
Visit http://www.success.edu/careers.html for more openings.
Our everyday mission is to train students in short term programs for gainful employment.
Nevada Career Institute objective is to empower students to improve their lives by enhancing their professional skills in order to obtain better jobs. Our career institute offers specialized programs designed to train adults to work as medical professionals upon graduation. The institute focus on specialized education allows students to develop the skills needed to succeed in today's demanding marketplace. Developing these skills has enabled our graduates to pursue careers in nursing, surgical technology, massage therapy, office administration, and other allied health fields.
POSITION: Practical Nursing Instructor (THEORY)-No Prior teaching experience needed
Plans, teaches, directs, and supervises all student learning experiences in the classroom, skills lab, and clinical areas, following the curriculum of the school as approved by the Nevada State Board of Nursing.
LOCATION: Las Vegas, Nevada
PART TIME/FULL TIME positions available.
- Demonstrates integrity and progressive self-improvement.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Demonstrates pleasant and effective verbal and written communication.
- Willingness to provide a professional role model for students
This is a faculty position directly reporting to the Director of Nursing at Nevada Career Institute.
- Plans and assigns student activities in the classroom and/or clinical settings.
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings with Program Director or her designee.
- Devises written lesson plans and implements them through lecture, demonstration, discussion, etc.
- Participates in the selection and preparation of instructional materials.
- Prepares, administers, and grades, written and practical examinations during course of study.
- Is responsible to assist the student to develop an understanding of values, attitudes, and ideals appropriate to the health care profession.
- Teaches and implements the total curriculum, as assigned by, and under the direction and supervision of the DON (Director of Nursing).
- Discusses with students their concerns and/or problems directly or indirectly related to learning experience.
- Provides a professional role model for students.
- Provides a copy of all lesson plans to the Director of Nursing.
- Maintains records of student progress and performance, attendance and grades.
- Is instrumental in identifying individual and collective learning needs of assigned students, being cognizant of the physical, mental and emotional status of the learners.
REQUIREMENTS AND EDUCATION:
- RN with MSN + 2 years work experience, MSN preferred or MSN in progress
- Nevada Nursing License Required
- Must be Nevada State Resident
- Prior teaching experience preferred
- Variety of Experience preferred (instructors need to be flexible in the area they work)