|Title:||Financial Aid Advisor - NCI - Nevada|
Become an Education Leader and join our team of dedicated Professionals.
Nevada Career Institute is part of a stable and growing system of seven campuses in California and Nevada which is a leader in Medical Career Training since 1966.
Visit our Website at www.nevadacareerinstitute.com or select Careers from the contact drop down menu for additional openings.
The College's everyday mission is to train students in short term programs for gainful employment.
We seek driven career focused individuals who are motivated by helping people take a positive step in their life by pursing higher education.
LOCATION (Las Vegas)
The Financial Aid Advisor administers financial aid programs to prospective and active students. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to performing a variety of duties associated with the awarding, disbursing and returning of federal, state and other financial aid assistance programs. The Financial Aid Advisor reports to the Campus Director and has accountability to the Corporate Director of Financial Aid.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide information to students and parents regarding financial aid program requirements and procedures. Explain Financial Aid plans to students and parents; review their rights and responsibilities with regards to financial aid programs.
- Review financial aid applications, forms and documentation for completeness and accuracy; verify information reported on FAFSA to determinate eligibility. Complete verification procedures where needed.
- Input FASFA, review resulting ISIR and maintain financial aid funding schedule in CLASS.
- Provide entrance and exit counseling.
- Answer questions, inquires or requests from students or parents
- Responsible for complete and accurate files and paperwork.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Admission and other personnel.
- Remain current on all applicable laws and regulations.
- Attend financial aid workshops and conferences
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of government regulations and guidelines relating to financial aid and Title IV?
- Demonstrated skills in modeling a strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, and the public.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student population.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive, confidential issues.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and produces work that is accurate.
- Demonstrated Computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, and Outlook and internet.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of one year of Financial Aid experience is required.
- Experience with Student Financial Aid software applications is a plus.