Administrative Assistant - Nursing Department - WC
|Title:||Administrative Assistant - Nursing Department - WC|
Provide a variety of advanced administrative, confidential, technical and administrative support to the Director of Nursing and the Nursing Department.
- Greets visitors, students, and/or employees and respond to inquiries, requests for information and provide assistance.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with other employees and facilitate carrying out instructions involving other departments, transmitting information accurately and tactfully.
- Maintains office files, student files, and other appropriate records.
- Prepares syllabi, tests, and other documents as requested by Nursing Administration.
- Maintains inventory of office & clinical supplies
- Performs general clerical duties including organizing, filing, shredding and photocopying documents and files, etc.
- Composes written correspondence and materials; creates and update all departmental forms and prepare for web; prepares minutes, reports, statistical data, and other materials pertaining to the Nursing program.
- Responsible for answering phones, responding to voice or e-mail messages, as well as sending and receiving faxes.
- Schedules appointments and meetings, sends out meeting notices, makes travel arrangements, and maintains the department calendar.
- Manages the distribution of all incoming and outgoing mail; screen and respond as necessary. Assembles attachments and corresponding material. Reviews outgoing material for completeness, dates, and signatures.
- Performs assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
- Assists in developing new and better ways for performing job functions and organizing office procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, and the public.
- Proficient in office machines such as telephones, copiers, fax machines, or 10-key calculators
- Proficient in computer programs utilized which include electronic mail, Colleague (college database system), Windows XP, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of department and college policies, procedures, and practices with the ability to answer work related questions; and/or interpret and apply these guidelines correctly in various situations
- Knowledge of business English with the ability to write in complete sentences using appropriate words, correct grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion.
- Detailed-oriented with skills in proofreading materials and data entry to ensure accuracy.
- Solid verbal and written skills to convey ideas, facts, and information effectively and accurately to students, staff, faculty, and the general public.
- This position will cover our West Covina and our Pomona Campuses.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications